The United Nations was originally envisioned as a community of nations joined together to promote the democratic peace.
The United Nations has become almost the polar opposite of that original lofty goal.
The United Nations consistently puts petty national politics above the good of mankind.
The vast majority of member nations send corrupt politicans to New York with the mission of extort foreign aid from the American taxpayer.
The common method of extorting this aid is to vote against freedom and liberty on every possible issues, until the money flows from our pockets to theirs.
We the American taxpayers are attempting to purchase freedom and liberty for the people of the world, but they aren't getting what we are paying for.
United Nations Scandals
Human Rights Commission
The United Nations Human Rights Commission includes members from Libya, Sudan, and Cuba who denounce America while ruthlessly murdering their own citizens without even the pretense of trial.
Is this what the American taxpayers should be spending their hard-earned dollars on?
Do we really need to pay to hear what these people have to say about our morals?
- Libya Should Not Chair U.N. Commission
- Another United Nations Sham: Libyan leader Colonel Gadaffi to Head the U.N. Human Rights Commission
- Membership of the Commission on Human Rights
- U.S. Denounces Cuba's Re-election to U.N. 'Human Rights' Commission
Oil For Food
United Nations officials were in the pay of Saddam Hussein. They made is possible for Saddam to steal the oil wealth of Iraq and live the life of a decadent prince while his people sufferred.
It is no wonder then that many United Nations officials were opposed to the war against their employer.
This also explains why these same officials were actually opposed to ending the trade restrictions after the war ended -- they were hoping to continue to receive bribes -- but now from the new Iraqi government.
- Kofi Annan Under Fire for Oil-for-Food
- Oil-for-Food a Failure From the Start?
- AP: Investigators Examining Annan's Papers
- Iraq's U.N. Ambassador: Lift Restraints
- Annan's #2 Blocks Oil-for-Food Scrutiny
- Charting Oil-for-Food's Trail in the U.S.
- Oil-for-Food Officials Informed of Charges
Sexual Assault by United Nations Peacekeepers
United Nations peacekeepers have been involved in sex crimes in the Democratic Republic of Congo, East Timor, Cambodia and Kosovo.
These crimes have included the rape of women and children and forcing women into prostitution.
- U.N. Grapples With Peacekeeping Abuse
- U.N. Workers Leave Kids, HIV Behind
- Crisis in the Congo: Sex Charges Roil U.N.
- Report Confirms U.N. Congo Sex Abuse
- U.N. Probes Peacekeeper Rape Allegations
Buy these books on the United Nations from Amazon.com
Babbin details how the United Nations actively pursues anti-American policies and appeases America's enemies, while being largely funded by $3 billion worth of annual American dues. After revealing the depth of rampant corruption in the UN, Babbin concludes that it is time to recognize the changes in Old Europe and redesign America's alliances that line up with America's national interests.
A United Nations insider exposes how anti-American and antidemocratic forces have hijacked the UN and put America and its allies at risk
Politicians and pundits are imploring the United States to give the UN a major role in American foreign policy. But as bestselling author Dore Gold reveals in Tower of Babble, it is absurd to look to the UN to fight aggression, combat terrorism, and preserve global order. The UN is an abject failure - a fatally flawed organization that has actually accelerated and spread global chaos. And it is dominated by anti-Western forces, dictatorships, state sponsors of terrorism, and America's worst enemies.
In his New York Times bestseller Hatred's Kingdom, Gold blew the lid off Saudi support for terrorism, and now he uncovers an even more important story. As a former UN ambassador, he has a unique insider's perspective on why the UN fails to address - or in many cases exacerbates - the very problems it was created to solve. He shows how President Franklin Roosevelt's great vision has been corrupted beyond recognition.
Using internal UN documents and classified cables, Gold presents stark evidence of how the UN ignores mass murder, emboldens terrorists, props up dictators, and otherwise betrays its mission to protect the world's security. Tower of Babble reveals:
- Why America can - and indeed must - go outside the UN to address the most serious threats to national security
- How the UN jeopardizes the success of the war on terror - and how terrorist groups have actually penetrated UN organizations
- How, in the space of a year, the UN turned a blind eye to two horrifying episodes of mass murder - and why the slaughters could have been prevented
- How the oil-for-food scandal only hints at the UN's repeated failures to deal with Saddam Hussein's Iraq
- How the UN's new international criminal court threatens America's sovereignty
- How the UN's startling record of failure has led Presidents Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, Clinton, and George W. Bush to bypass the UN Security Council
As this hard-hitting book reveals, it is, quite simply, a myth that the United Nations is a positive force for world order or the "sole source of international legitimacy." And unless the United States and its allies recognize this now, they will continue to put themselves at risk.